901 E. 15th St​.
Plano, TX 75074

The Plano substation and depot opened in June of 1908 as part of the Texas Electric Railway. The Plano substation building housed a rotary converter that changed incoming alternating current to direct current, providing electricity to the overhead line that powered the railcars down the line. 

The building was rescued from demolition by the City of Plano. After serving as a lawn mower repair shop for many years the station was restored in 1988 as the Interurban Railway Museum. 

109 years of plano history

Since 2001, the Plano Conservancy for Historic Preservation, Inc. has managed the Interurban Railway Museum and provided educational programming to the citizens and schools of Plano and the surrounding North Texas area. 

Located In Historic Downtown Plano, Texas